1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport Duty on a standard duty undercarriage?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Apr 6, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Can I use an undercarriage and harness from a standard duty plow on a sport duty plow? My boss is giving me a carriage and harness to try and fab up for my Jeep. Will it work?

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Two different undercarriages...it wont work.

3. P&M Landscaping

Do you know what's different? I can fab it up to make it fit the truck, but my concern is the plow fitting into the hooks?

4. Kevin Kendrick

The pushbeam is narrower and the coupler is smaller. Its so you cant pull up to a sport duty plow with a F-550.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Do you have the Sport Duty yet, or just wanting one? If so, look and measure. If not, get a STD plow and be done with it.

6. P&M Landscaping

My concern is the weight of a Standard Duty on my Jeep, 570ish pounds it alot. Any input on this weight?

7. Kevin Kendrick

The 7' 6" Standard Duty steel plow weighs 597lbs, the poly weighs 633lbs and this does not include the weight of the undercarriage, which weighs between 75 & 100lbs. Yes, this amount of weight should be a HUGE concern.

The 7' Sport Duty weighs 372lbs and the 7' 6" Sport Duty weighs in at 421lbs. The mounts for these plows weigh in between 45 & 75 lbs.

The problem here is that Boss does not make a standard/super duty mount for a Jeep. They only make the Sport Duty mounts. Give me the year and model of your Jeep and I will look it up for you.

8. P&M Landscaping

1997 Jeep TJ Wrangler with the 4 Cyl.

9. P&M Landscaping

You wouldn't want to trade a mount from a 1998 F-250? Also is the harness the same 13 pin on the sportduty?

10. Kevin Kendrick

The wiring harness' are the same.

Unfortunately, I have enough of those undercarriages in stock here and dont know if I will be able to get rid of them.

But the sport duty undercarriage is: LTA05490 - UC/RT3,SPORT,WRANGLER,97-02

Check with your local Boss distributor and see if they can help.