1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sport Bumper Trimming?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NBI Lawn, Jan 5, 2011.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine wants to buy my Western Midweight/ultra mount. He is concerned that he will have to trim his bumper out. Any idea if that is true or not? I dont have a for sure answer for him so dont want to disappoint him.
    I know some dont require trimming of the lower valance and some do...

2. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

His lower valance will definately need trimmed. I completely removed mine because I didn't want the notched look, but for westerns, modification/removal is necessary.

3. EKennett

EKennett Junior Member

Not sure what year your friend has but my 2001 Sport needed some surgery to get the Western mount to fit. Not really that much and you really can't tell with the mount on there, took about 20 minutes with a cutoff wheel.

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry I meant to mention it is an 05.

5. rhford

rhford Junior Member

Here is what I had to do to my 06 2500 with an Ultramount. With the exception of the modification to the lower valance, you can't tell this truck has a plow mount when it's removed.

144-4453_IMG.jpg