1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spooky truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EnviroTeam, Oct 31, 2006.

1. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

We decided to do a marketing trick while we gave out treats to the little ghosts and goblins this year....

Spook truckps.jpg

Wiz truckps.jpg

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Shameless. lol

What did you give the kids? Business cards?

I love it.

I dig the blood all over the plow....I should do that to mine.

:waving:

3. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

Cute, but what with the FLAG?

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I did that once with the riding mower, I set it up by the door, and made a body and put sticking out under the deck, made blood and guts all over the side of the tractor, it was pretty sweet looking.

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny howd you get the hood like that or is it just open

6. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

The hood is just open a bit to provide air flow for the fog machine inside and the strobe light

I thought about business cards or a flier along with the candy but decided that would just be too much...lol...

Sorry, I don't know what flag you are referring to.

7. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Oh now I see what you are referring too, those aren't flags, they are supposed to be fangs or teeth...you can see the big yellow eyes in the truck windshield...

8. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Oh and I have the same plow. I love that MD11 mount.

9. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

That must have looked great, I'm glad you didn't hand out your cards. There is a company that does that up here and I find it just as annoying as telemarketers.

10. Kosty

Kosty Member

hey i did that last night i passed out flyers with my little girl and i got 3 ppl signed up and two of them got a few neighbors that will call me today. that just snow plowing and at least a dozen fall clean ups that i have to do estimates for today. all with a three block radius

11. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

That's the .....spirit.....lol

just going through the kids treat bags we found a "re-elect me" fridge magnet from a politician that lives down the street....lol

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm sorry, and I know its all in fun but I thought it was tacky! The truck looked good but the guy under the plow blade....I though that was a little over the top. I'm sure the kids and parents will remember you but for all the wrong reasons. I just think little kids don't need to see a guy chopped in half. Sorry.:rolleyes:

13. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Well, we thought about that but all we got was great feed back on it. People were posing the their kids in front of it for pictures and everything. A couple of ladies even came back later with their husbands to see it.

Every one is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours Brain, and I take no offense, I am just curious, though, (this is going to sound like I am trying to be a smart @#$! with you but I am not so don't take it that way) Do you have the same opinion when you see a kid with a fake hatchet sticking out of his head and blood dripping down, or when you see those effigies hanging in a noose from someones front porch, or any of those other whacked out costumes that have blood and guts all over them?

It seems people around here aren't into Halloween the way they used to be, so our place stood out and was a hit around here. What has everyone else found, is Halloween becoming a thing of the past?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  14. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I think it looks great. If people can't take a joke like that then they have some problems. I think that having a body under the plow atleast would make some people think to be careful around plows and while they are plowing, I know it would for me. Good public safety warning lol!

15. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

lol,thats pretty classic.

Theres no such thing as bad advertising.Well....unless the department of workers health and saftey were driving by :rolleyes:

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Nice! :gunsfiring:

17. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

You know what's funny guys, I was saying stuff like that from behind my mask to the trick or treaters all night long...I would hand them some candy and in a spooky voice (or my impression of one) I would say...remember kids, play safe when plows are around...or something along those lines, the parents usually laughed at that.

18. danny17

danny17 Member

pretty good

I think it looked pretty good, and hell if I were passing by there it'd definetly get my attention!