1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sponsor or Advertising questions

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by SatZ28, Nov 9, 2003.

1. SatZ28

SatZ28 Member

I'm confused about the term official sponsor. Isn't an official sponsor someone who pays a fee to advertise his or her goods or services?

So isn't a "non-official" sponsor performing subtle advertising (non paying) when the equipment he sells happens to be on pictures posted to two different truck forums?

So what is considered an "official" sponsor?
  2. cnypropertysvcs

cnypropertysvcs Member

EXCELLENT Question and point. I may be a newbie, but I do my darndest to follow the rules that I agreed to when I signed up-
    How come others who don't are allowed to blatantly break them and not get edited/deleted by the mods, yet some other posts are edited with no marker and no explanation as to why- especially when the edit changes the whole view of what the person was trying to say? If a post breaks the rules- DELETE IT!!! and notify the individual(s) that it was and why- follow the three strike rule set up in the guidelines.

It seems to me that there is an excess of editing and deleting of posts that were not breaking the rules in any way, and there are other posts that do that are left alone. I am not trying to attack anyone or point fingers, but what is happening?

I also agree with some of the other posts that there does seem to be some third grade antics going on with some severely sarcastic posts and blatant attacks on certain members/moderators. that is childish, very unprofessional, and should stop before they lose the respect they have earned after so many years of dedication and hard work that has gone into this site by them. They are not helping their cause or image in any way.

I believe in the basic concept of this site- but I did not join it to watch the pointless bickering, attacks, or blatant disregard for the rules that were set up and established to help this site and its members prosper in this business. I would like to see an end to this, but if things continue this way- especially the "invisible" editing of posts to change what they were meant to mean by editing them without leaving a tag- it will only make this site worse and force anyone who is watching what is happening to find another resource.

Please don't let it go that far- I may not like what other people have to say- but I respect their right to say it.

"I dissapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your RIGHT to say it" Voltaire

Once again- just my $.02 on the matter