1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spinner Replacement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSullivan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'm replacing the bearings and shaft on my Air-Flo sander.The spinner is stainless steel and is WELL worn.I think I'm going to replace it.Can someone tell my if I should stay with stainless or switch to a rubber spinner?Any input will be great.Thanks,Georgeussmileyflag

2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I got rubber on my Air-flo and it's good, Been on there for about 4 years now and no issues. It won't bend or get deformed or rot and it throws just as good.

3. lotec25

lotec25 Member
    from Florida

I read this and thought of Spinners.

[​IMG]

and I was like WTF did someone put spinners on a snow plow truck, then my mind started woundering and thinking o boy i hope its not an oshkosh.

:D

4. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Well,I went to the parts store today and got everything I need to rebuild the chute on my sander EXCEPT the spinner!I got a brand new shaft,sprocket,pillow block bearings and chain with a breaker for $208.00.I thought it would be much more than that.If any of you guys know where I can buy a POLY spinner let me know.I need a 12" diameter spinner.I also need a control box if anyone has one for sale.My sander is a SS Air-flo with a 10.5 Briggs motor.:mechanic:

5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Why do you want poly ? I would just get whatever your parts guy has in stock or can order for you.

6. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I wanted poly for the same reasons you have it on yours.Flexible and won't rust.He just didn't have one in stock.I can for sure wait until the fall to get one.:mechanic:

7. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

8. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Ahh.. I thought you were talking about something else. :drinkup: