1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spinner Knob = save time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Avitare, Feb 11, 2008.

1. What a find !!
    Some of you have been using Suicide Knobs on heavy equipment or even
    garden tractors.

But, as I felt the wear on my steering wheel from the biking gloves I wear
    (was getting a blister) -- a Spinner Knob sitting in my box of parts to install
    when I get to it -- was the answer.

Now we know that using these while driving may be a bad idea, but I put mine left
    of top/center --and that is not where I hold the wheel while driving.

**I can not believe how much easier it is to wheel around in a drive with this knob !! **
    Why didnt I do this years ago (when I bought the dang thing)??

What a time saver too. I know I am moving around faster and my right hand is free to shift
    and run the joy stick.

Made it thru another storm and didnt break anything. Pretty good day.
    And the spinner was a real help.
    tc, KC and Jetta
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i've had one on my f350 since 1995....they work pretty good, however they can get caught in your button up shirt sleeve.
  3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I know in Indiana they are illegal to have on a licensed vehicle not sure about other states.
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I had one on my Dodge about 5 years ago, then I took it off when I sold it, I never put it on either of my new trucks. I did however put one on my Kubota a couple weeks ago and reminded myself how well they work. I'll probably put my other one on the truck tomorrow if we get a push in.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

they are illegal in ct as wlel from what i hear.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

only if you get caught! :waving:
  7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I try one time but didn't like it because hard to use if your garden tractor is heavy like almost 200 to 300 pounds on front axle if it power steering then I would use but my case 222 don't have it but hard to turn when snowplow is lift or mower deck too.

And keep grease on steering system because you could got easy to turn with one hand on spinner knob if you don't keep grease then you would start get hard to use spinner knob because it get tight.
  8. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

Busted knuckles

I had one also; until I came up to a snow pile and it pulled out of my hand and came around and cracked me on the back of the hand. Got the wrenches out right there and took it off. Thought it was great until then.:dizzy:
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

My dad used to have them on all the trucks back in the day. Those were Internationals and Dodges back then.

I think they are illegal in MI as well, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, despite a few cops that have nothing better to do than chase down people trying to make a living and didn't have a license for that muni. :realmad: