1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Spin marks on blacktop!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Jan 15, 2010.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We finally got a good thaw. My lots are finally down to pavement and dry. I took a ride through today only to find spin mark where the blacktop is actually tore out from my bobcat. I only used it a few times to blow piles back and clear some parking spots. I'm in a real panic since this lot is only 2 years old. I've never had this problem!!

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You have pics of that issue??

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That seems odd, unless your running chains or studs?

4. DaySpring Services

I'll take some pics later. I'm really sh!tting myself with this one. I'm just running with the tires. I never ended up installing the chain I bought.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I've never had that problem in the winter, a hot summer day is a different story

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

My guess would be poor asphalt then.....if no chains/studs were used. I have a good amount of time in SS's and have never had this problem, other than a few careless moves made on hot asphalt. Pics would help.

7. DaySpring Services

I took a couple pics with my phone....you can atleast see what I'm talking about. I'm thinking it may be the result of a low bid blacktop job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. OldCrow

OldCrow Member

lol, I'm making that our new motto. Whenever some thing breaks or isn't quite right, I'm going to chalk it up to "low bid".

The gouges don't look to bad. But it's hard to tell by the pics. Looks like the machine took off some of the fines on top. Sit there long enough with a heavier machine spinning the tires and it will happen.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I agree its hard to tell from the pics......but you could be on to something with the "low bid" thing:D

10. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

looks like something i delt with this summer at a condo siding job. Our man lift was leaving marks in the new blacktop (less then 1 yr old). turns out after the boss had someone come test the blacktop that the paving contractor used recycled blacktop instead of new, which there contract stated. so now the paving contractor is getting sued and we didn't get in trouble. hope this is helpful.

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

we have a vary bad problem with cheep crap blacktop around here. the big flashy all new equipment guy uses crap blacktop.

no :realmad: he can under bid everyone in town.

i know i am yung and dump. i do lots of burn outs on blacktop in out back shop lot with the guys. and its hot as hell or cold as sin. but we dont get that stuff even with 35" mud tires smokin rubber.

i call b/s black top job.

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You mean your YOUNG and DUMB.

13. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have seen these types of marks before (from what I can tell from the pictures). I have not seen this thread before, so I hope this doesn't come to late. This looks to me like what happens when a car steers it's tires without moving, on hot or relatively fresh asphalt. I can't imagine how your skid steer could do that. The tires are much wider than the marks. Did you take pictures before the season began?

14. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

You're........ :rolleyes:

15. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I don't know but looks like it waas done on a hot day and from a car. Maybe they were there before and you didn't notice it?

16. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

seriously dont worry about it will fade and you will not notice them I have done that before so I know.

17. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Thats the trouble with skid steers, I subbed out my sidewalks around 2 malls to one owner operator, cancelled the service after the first snowfall. Too many black marks on the concrete. If y ou have a poor grade of pavement or oil or fuel soaked W@tch Out.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Are you sure it's all from skid steer use? Check other ares of the lot to see if you can find spots in other areas that didn't get as much use pushing piles. I would think that either way it was a cheap pave job.

19. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Are you sure it's all from skid steer use? Check other ares of the lot to see if you can find spots in other areas that didn't get as much use pushing piles. I would think that either way it was a cheap pave job.

sweetk30: "i know i am yung and dump"

WIPensFan: You mean your YOUNG and DUMB.

SuperdutyShane: You're........ :rolleyes:

You know, yung and dump. Like kung poo. What a bunch of sarcastic a holes we all are! hehehe!:laughing:

20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Good one Shane. :nod: