1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

spicer tanny parts

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rooferdave, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

anyone know where to get parts for a spicer tranny out of a 416 cat? Hopefully in ontario?

2. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

http://www.domar.ca/

try these guys thats what i have found so far they are in woodbridge and rexdale

3. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

cool thanks!

4. PlatinumService

any luck with that place?

5. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

actually they were to get back to us same day and not a peep outa them!

6. PlatinumService

oh that sucks!

did you end up getting your issue solved?

7. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

nope still looking for parts, got this bigass 416 taking up room in my shop!

8. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Isn't there a Cat dealer near you?

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Did u try headwater equipment out west? They have always treated us great, and give us great prices when compared to CAT

10. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

yes they offered me a reconditioned transmission using NON cat parts for $10,000.00
    re and re is extra

11. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

going to give them a try Monday...Thanks!

12. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

$10,000.... ouch! I hope that includes R&R. I had a $2 snap ring fail, on my 416C at about 6,500 hours, and I had the Cat dealer fix it. It cost about $6,000 dollars for the repair. This included R&R of the transmission. They replaced a couple of gears, the shaft that the snap ring was on and the AWD clutch. While this was a lot of money it still is much less than $10k. BTW the machine has over 12,000 hours and I have not had any other transmission issues. If the same failure occured on my "B" model it would have been much less to repair (the AWD shaft was external, like a PTO, on that machine).
    You said that you are looking for parts. Do you already have the transmission out? Have you considered used or reman? My Cat dealer has a subsidiary called Second Steel. They sell used parts. You might check with them. If you get Rock & Dirt or Machinery Trader you should be able to find adds for slavage components, reman transmissions, and parts too. Are you willing to work with a supplier who is out of your area or do you require local service?
    What are the symptoms that you are trying to repair, or what has made you decide that you need to rebuild it (I assume that's why you are looking for parts)?
    What is re?

13. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

your issue sounds like what happened to me, (snap ring let go) Tranny is out and dissassembled.. forward and reverse clutch drum are mushroomed, reverse plates are fused in the drum, need a drum and an idle gear and the gear below it,too tired to post pics but I can tommorrow I have a list and factory #'s if anyone has a good place to get them. I am willing to purchase anywhere have staff to do labour on hand

14. PlatinumService

15. rooferdave

rooferdave Senior Member

thanks I have actually spoken to Vince a few times, that one is a turner I belive and will not match up to mine, nice of you to point it out, thanks again