1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SPHE2000 Size

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by raimplow, Feb 2, 2012.

1. raimplow

raimplow Junior Member

Was wondering if anyone else having trouble with the new SPHE2000 in the size. I have mine on a 95 Chevy K2500 the problem is that the weight when loaded is not over the rear in the center but more to the end of the truck. It really sags the back-end any suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

I thought the same when I installed them .someone was sleeping at the wheel when they designed where the shoot should be located . Try a set of roadmasters .

Make sure you have it ratcheted up against a secure strong frame in the bed .

I pop wheelies and have a difficult time turning when fully loaded :laughing:

3. RepoMan1968

roadmaster leaf helpers

these were 125 . i did the install on 2 ferds

$(KGrHqUOKjME1)fquDZBBNnfdD7e+!~~_1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  4. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Just installed a set of riderite 5000lb air bags on our salt truck. AMAZING difference. look into them only 250 bucks.

5. RepoMan1968

bingo , there it is . smoove move

6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

You can also check out Super Springs See if there is anything you like.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Saltdawg will tell you you have to much spreader for your truck. They recommend at least a one ton for the SHPE2000. I used timbrens to deal with the weight of mine. Watch your rear seals.;)

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1500 on my 1 ton with Air Ride airbags in the rear.I would never load that heavy without them,app. 60-70lbs. in the bags.

9. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Do you guys have the chute at the upper position?

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

What upper position???:confused:

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Are we talking about the SHPE2250 or the SHPE2000? The SHPE2250 is not an SHPE2000, but it has been mistaken for a "new" design of the SHPE2000. The SHPE2000 is still around (The 2250 is a whole different beast).

The SHPE2250 has a two position chute, the position of it is selected by the installer. The SHPE2000 has a fairly short chute, so it's hard to believe that would be too long.

Take a look at the instructions on page 3 and it shows how to select the chute height.
    http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3020696_C.pdf

Sorry if I confused the issue - somehow I had it in my head the original question was actually about a 2250.