1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sphe2000 2yd spreader spinner motor stopped?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

So since last year, the crew backed up into something and broke the motor cover.. The motors are supposed to be sealed and of course this one leaked.. So after sitting all year "indoors", this year it doesnt work.

I pulled the motor apart, because even power to both wires wouldnt spin the motor, spins freely though.

seal was bad, had "rust dust" all inside near the magnets. It spins freely though and no grinding or anything.

I cleaned the inside out, terminals had a little corrosion but not much, still nothing. No hums, no clicks and doesnt turn, I know theres not much to making a 12v motor work, so wtf? Whats a good replacement motor if i have to replace it, a not "made in china" motor lol
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I can relate big time.Check over at Karrier in Ohio to see if they have that motor.If they don't , I think they can steer you for a better one than that POS Chinese one.