1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedwing questions?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fordaholic72, Jan 5, 2006.

1. fordaholic72

fordaholic72 Junior Member

What actually moves the wings on the SW plows? I looked at some pictures that truckie36 posted of his Expedition, but would still like more info. I don't think the local Blizzard dealer has one to look at. What holds the wings out and what pulls them back? How long does it take to pin back the wings to keep the blade straight? I am looking at new plows for the 95 F 350 I have, and the SW looks interesting. Any more info and pictures than the Blizzard site has would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The speedwing is always in the scoop position. When you fully angle it one way there is a cable that runs through part of the plow on the back frame. It also runs through a spring. As you angle the plow the cable gets tighter, at almost full angle it starts pulling the wing and by the time it is fully angled the cable has pulled the wing straight with the plow. At this time, it is simply putting a pin through the holes in the wing and main plow and the wing always stays straight. The cable is attached to the front of the A frame and the end of the wing. The spring holds the wing in scoop.

3. fordaholic72

fordaholic72 Junior Member

Thanks. How long has anyone used one of the SW plows, and has anyone had any problems with them? Seems llike they have a lot of moving parts.