1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedwing Question? Please help!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Redsilv03, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Redsilv03

Redsilv03 Junior Member

I currently have 2 trucks and one plow, i own a blizzard power plow 810 on my ford, I am currently looking at putting a 760SW (Speedwing snow plow) on my chevrolet so i can have two trucks with plows to increase volume. I have called dealers and no one can answer me this question. I current have the giant seat mount controller for my 810 power plow (for all of you blizzard owners you know what im talking about). I am going to get a speedwing 760SW but i cant figure out what controller they come with, i need the one that is the small joystick that sits in a 4" X 4" box because i have no center seat in my silverado. For all of you speedwing owners or blizzard dealers can you please tell me what controller came or comes with the Speedwing plow. Thanks for all offering to help!!
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

The small joystick 4x4 box as you mentioned AFAIK
  3. truckie36

truckie36 Member

When I got mine my dealer gave me the choice of the joystick or the touch pad. I took the touch pad, but ended up getting a joystick off of ebay. The joystick is easier to work without looking at it. You have to be exactly on the right spot and push kind of hard with the touch pad.
  4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

When I got my 860 Speedwing they installed the seat mounted joystick. The dealer said he installs them all with the power plow controller, joystick or touchpad. This way you have the ability to run either plow setup.
  5. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 760SW with the pin pad, and I just hold it in my hand like my Fisher Fishstik, works great, took a little getting used to in the beginning, but I can hold it and shift the transmission all at the same time.
  6. damian

damian Senior Member

It usually comes with the small joystick box,i sometimes screw a cone shaped custom made mount plate assy to the bottom of the control and it fits snuggly into the drink holder,i also nave a flat aluminium plate i attatch to the bottom of the control and custom bend it to fit as needed and bolt it to the drink holder area,i advise customers to get spare drink holder for summer quick change.
  7. damian

damian Senior Member

P.s. I've seldom,scratch that,never had a customer who likes the touchpad.
  8. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

When I bought my Speedwing, my dealer gave me the option of either one,.. I chose the joystick without even considering the touch pad. I got the pedestal-mount & screwed it into the floor, and it's worked out fine,... handy/easy to find & use in the dark, adjustable, and no permanent damage to anything if I want to change/remove it in the future.

controller (Custom).JPG
  9. Nashwaak

Nashwaak Junior Member
    from toronto

stay away from the touch pad....fricken sucks!
  10. damian

damian Senior Member

i do sell and install the pogo stick you have,and they work good.i just dont like running self stripping screws though the floor.
  11. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

joy stick or touch pad if you can try to get an 860sw the inter change between trucks and controlers being said tha it is a 3/4 ton or bigger