1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedwing question help please

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by wimmer1, Dec 6, 2009.

1. wimmer1

wimmer1 Junior Member
    from Utah

I have a 8.6 speedwing on a Dodge Ram 3500 mega cab. I have a leveling kit with timbrens and since installing the timbrens the only cutting edges sitting on the ground are the wings. I know when the edges wear the plow will sit correct again but plow currently leaves about .5 inch of snow on ground except where wings make contact. Is there a way to adjust plow angle or do I need smaller tires. My current tires are 33's.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Can you drop your push beam anymore? I am running a 4" lift on my f-350 and had the same problem. I ended up making a drop bracket for my push beam. I run my little stock tires/wheels in the winter so for me the tires don't make a difference. The speed wings are pretty picky when it comes to the height. Here is what I did to fix it.

Good luck , shaun
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

get some stock steel and make side plates to lower the push beam to 12 inches on center dont need to keep buying edges they are about 400-450 for the setpayup
  4. Wallace

Wallace Member

Check to see if you have the short or tall height adjustment bracket.
    The tall one is about 3" and the short one is 1.5" these are bolted on with 2 bolts
    These are the brackets that are bolted to the receiver that the hydraulic cylinder grabs to put the plow on.