1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedwing pump leak

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bhmjwp, Jul 6, 2010.

1. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I know this will be a slow time of year to get advice-but here goes.

Last snow of last account the Speedwing developed a major pump leak. It is between the hydraulic pump assembly and the manifold block. I have remove the pump and motor-found 1 mounting bolt gone, and what appears to be a broken weld on the front support strap? I can see between the pump and manifold-the bolt to tighten is behind the s5 solenoid.

Is this as simple as removing the s5 solenoid and tightening the hex cap screw? Other than this a flush and fill?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Check for a blown-out o-ring in between the pump and manifold.

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

John-thanks. Looks to be 2 o rings. Can anyone tell me if the front bracket on the pump is welded to the frame. I may have a broken weld. All I have right now are the two side bolts holding the pump. I would think there should be more support. Thanks.

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Is this a Power Hitch or Power Hitch 2 plow?

Here's the manual for the PH plows, it shows three brackets welded to the A-frame to hold the pump/motor; the two sides and one in front. A broken weld wouldn't really surprise me....

http://blizzardplows.com/pdf/B64093.06_030109_for_Web.pdf

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

POWER HITCH 1-THANKS FOR THE DIAGRAM-LOOKS AS IF I BETTER GET THE WELDER OUT, THE FRONT BRACKET IS THE WELD THAT HAS BROKEN. Can't complain-5 yrs of use and no other problems. Going to be looking for a 760 for a 1/2 ton before they discontinue(just speculation)