1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedwing for Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by newlooklandscp, Jan 23, 2007.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Im not a huge fan of the pusher. I have one and it doesnt scrap like a blade. I have two 810 power plows and love them but I dont think the power wings would be a huge advantage for a skid steer. Dont really need them if its on a huge lot so I figured the speedwing would be more costly and effective. Would it be possible to convert a pickup speedwing to a skid steer mount and hydros? Any thaughts?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Ken the 810 or better yet the 8611LP is a great fit for a skidder.

The speedwing works good and gives the benifit of no extra controller but you lose the abiilty to get wide at the touch of a button and then slim down for travel or tight spots.

Converting a pickup plow is a PITA actually and you have alot of extras that you don't really need.

I've done 1 speedwing on a skidder plate ( pull one from an 810 SS and mount it to the speedwing ) and used the skidders aux hydro circut for angle. Much easier than the pickup conversion.

The 8611LP is not stock avail in a skidder but we do the same thing with an 8611full size SS model just swap out the blade and the quadrant from the 8611 full size.