1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedo Cluster

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KLM Service, Jan 3, 2008.

1. KLM Service

KLM Service Junior Member

Well I just got back from Ford. I have a 07 f250 and the speedometer has been acting up. Ford service checked it out and said the speedometer cluster needed to be replaced, and that this has been a big problem. Also said not to be in a hurry that there is a back order and 2-3 months is the norm. I'm not worried about the time so much, but just curious if anyone has heard of this problem?

2. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I had a prob w/my '07 F250 where the speedo would drop to 0 for a while, and then decide to work properly again. "Supposedly" there was a loose sensor that was tightened, and that would fix it. There's a TSB on it.

For what it's worth, the dealer informed me that if it needed a new instrument cluster, my truck would be out of service from the time they ordered the cluster, until the time it was installed. They order the cluster w/the exact milage on your truck, and if it takes 2-3 months to get in, you could put a lot of "un-recorded" miles on the truck.

3. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

My 06' F350 is doing the same thing. Spedo is at 100 mph when I am not moving. Haven't taken it in yet but will in the spring.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No wonder the Ford guys think their trucks are so fast..:D

Lots of guys are having cluster problems... so your not alone.

5. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

HAPPENED TO MY 05 F-350. TOOK 8 WEEKS TO GET IT. TRUCK WAS STUCK IN LIMP MODE. DEALER TOLD ME IT HAD TO DO WITH THE CLUSTER. THIS IS WHY I DRIVE A D-MAX. I DON'T REGRET THE CHANGE ONE BIT.

6. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

Another thing you might want to check is the rear speed sensor. If that sensor goes out it will cause screwy things with the speedometer

7. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

That's kinda funny, I traded in my Duramax for a Powerstroke.

8. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

have 2 - 07's. nothing with the speedos yet, but both have been in the shop twice for a total of seven injectors replaced. both were stranded at 10,000 miles

9. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

No problems with my '07 cluster that has 3800 miles and almost 200 hours on it.

On the other hand, in reverse runs, the tranny doesn't always fully engage. A trip to the dealer next week should get that worked out.

Just my .02¢