1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcaster

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SCG, Jan 31, 2003.

1. SCG

SCG Junior Member
    from MA

First let me say this is a great forum. My question is in regards to an older 8FT Fisher Speedcaster electric . Ive put new angle pistions on it a few year ago. Lately the blade will not hold straight or angled when plowing. Its kinda loose. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Usually there are Rings that look like Nuts on the end of the cylinder the looser they are the more pressure that is realeased if they are too loose your blade will drift when pushing snow. You don't want them too tight either if you hit a curb while angled you want it to compress. So just take a pipe wrench and tighten them a couple of turns.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Those big nuts on the ends of the cyls are just packing nuts.The cyls would most likely be leaking if they were loose.Unless they have alot of fluid leaking out they will not cause the blade to drift while plowing.

I'd say the cushion valves need adjustment or replacement,or the may be dirty.They are located in the valve block directly above the coils,and directly opposite on the other side.Remove them,and clean them out.When you re-install them,run them down just snug and back out 1 3/4 turns.If the problem still exists,you can try turning them in another 1/4 turn to boost the relief pressure a bit,but it probably a weak spring or damaged valves,so replace them.

I would flush the system and replace the fluid while your in there.

There is also a chance it could be a poppet check valve,but try the other stuff first.

4. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

Wyldman is right (like anyone didnt know) the nut on the end of the cyl is just a packing nut stops fluid from leaking out of the cyl. The problem is in the pump. scott