1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcaster Questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Twolf, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Twolf

Twolf Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi Guys,

having trouble with my speedcaster with electric hydrolics, the motor/pump won't come on, was working fine. I'm going to replace the solenoid today but in looking at it I noticed one of the bolts that hold it on top of the motor/pump assembly is missing. Could this have something to do with it not working? the hole is shiney like it has become missing recently. the solenoid is simply bolted on top of the horizontal motor pump assembly. the solenoid posts are the only contacts from the motor to power and ground, no other motor posts. what I mean is the power(hot) and ground wires connect directly to the solenoid and the only connection to the motor is the two bolts that hold it to the motor.

it looks like this

the small post is connected to 12v power through a switch and there is power to it. could the missing bolt be the problem? How does the power get to the motor from the solenoid? sorry for the questions but I need to get this working asap.

The motor/pump I have is the same as in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008