1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcaster on MM1

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 02powerstroke, Nov 19, 2008.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I did a search and couldent find an answer on this and no one in fisher fourm answered. My 8fter is shot i have a 9ft speedcaster plow thats mint. How much work would if be to get it to work on my late MM1 head gear? I know i will have to get new hoses. but other wise do I have to modifi the a-frame for the jack to drop threw or any other supprises?

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have put speedcaster blades on minute mount headgear in the past, other than the lines i believe all i did was add a piece of angle iron for the springs that hold the headgear upright when not mounted on the truck. I would say pin it on and take a look

3. 02powerstroke

Thanks for the reply. I removed my 8ft and tryed pining it on and it dident work because the cross bar is right where the jack is so unless I found an early mm a frame of modified that one it wont work.

4. TREMEK

TREMEK Junior Member

Can you swap the A-Frames is your bent. I have a MM1 Blade and A-Frame on my Speedcast Headgear

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Yeh all you have to do it disconnect the blade at the pivot and the blade end of the rams and you'll be all set.

6. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Do what chcav said reconnect your original blade, disco the pin at the front of the A frame, and the rams then do the same to the 9 footer and hook the 9 footer to the 8 foot a-frame. Annnnnnd your done.

7. 02powerstroke

its a diffrent style a frame I have a new style with the long center pin

8. 02powerstroke

Thats the style of my 8fter
    [​IMG]

this is what the 9 looks like

[​IMG]