1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speedcaster 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nathanlacourse, Oct 17, 2004.

1. nathanlacourse

nathanlacourse Member

just bought a speed caster 2 and noticed in the book that they don't tell you much on how to uses it.like how fast you can drive what speed to set the spreader can anyone give me some info or so tricks i'll be using it on a big lot.

2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I would like to know also as I am getting the ProFlo2 for this year, any experienced info would be great!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the speedcaster2?

There is a guy in Northern VA selling the ProFlo2 (same as SC2) for 2400.00 installed (under bumper, new hitch type mount), which from what I have found is a pretty darn good price!

Bill

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have had a speedcaster 2 for a while, and you are right..Directions are useless. I paid $1950, for mine mid season and installed it in about 3 hours with two other guys. Two worked on the hitch, and the third ran wiring.It works well, but you need to try different speeds and also adjust the control arm at the unit to adjust product flow.Too much and the spinner throws it about 8 feet across! Far less than Fisher advertised. I only have the on/off, and blast but the variable speed is nice.i just hit the blast intermitantly as I drive slow..seems to work.just be prepared to shovel.I go through a hopper in no time.I try not to fill it to the top, so I dont overload the drag belt...good luck

4. nathanlacourse

nathanlacourse Member

i paid $2629 for labor,mount,variable speed control and tax