1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcaster 2 wont go!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by harley05, Dec 30, 2012.

1. harley05

harley05 Junior Member
    from CT

I have a 2010 Speedcaster 2. In the middle of the night last night it stopped. I get a red flashing light on the controller flashing twice in a repeating pattern. I cant find the manual and Fisher is closed today as is the installer who hooked it all up. I'm sure im going to need to sand sometime during the night here in CT. We had two storms back to back. Anyone have any ideas?

2. RSE

RSE Member

Sounds like it froze up, the conveyor I mean. I had that happen once when I used straight sand and left the tiniest little bit in the hopper. Get down under the conveyor belt and loosen things up, just don't use anything sharp. I used hot water and some very careful prying. Good Luck!!

3. harley05

harley05 Junior Member
    from CT

That was it exactly! And it popped the fuse at the battery as well. Up and running now. Thank you sir!

4. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I have a chance at one of these in brand new condition for a grand, come with everything. Just sold my tgs06 because it was a POS. What do you guys think of the speedcaster two? I am running magic saly only, which tends to be a little damp. (not wet)..

Thanks!!

5. harley05

harley05 Junior Member
    from CT

I beat my Speedcaster 2 to death lol. I use mostly sand/salt. Often wet, yet I have never had a jam. Best tailgate sander available IMHO. And the only spare parts you should ever need is a spare belt and a couple spare fuses. Oh and I paid over 3000 bucks for mine brand new so at 1000 it sounds like an awesome deal. I would check the drive belt and hopper belt for wear and when you fire it up, check the spreader shaft and make sure its not bent. Good luck. Any more I can do, just ask. Ed: