1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast won't work

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Twolf, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Twolf

Twolf Junior Member
    from Maine

Hi Guys, I bought a plow truck and when I bought it the plow worked. It's a fisher Speedcast. A switch to start the motor in the joystick control had failed and instead of replacing the previous owner had bypassed it and put in an on / off switch for the electric motor. Flip the switch and the motor came on and the plow would work. flip the switch off and the motor shut off. Unfortuantly the motor all of a sudden stopped working and I don;t know why. it may be the switch ot the motor or a solenoid. How can I jump the motor to see if it's working? the only solenoid I see is on top of the motor, power from battery connected to one side and a ground to the other with a 12v wire run to the switch to actuate( I assume) trying to find out which component is bad.

on a side note if anyone knows a place in ME that I can take it to be corrected correctly I'd appriciate it

Thanks in advance