1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast won't Go up and moves slow side toside

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bartelamia, Dec 30, 2010.

1. bartelamia

bartelamia Junior Member

I just plowed my first storm and all worked great till the last job when the blade started to go up slower and slower till it would only go up a little. It did and does go side to side , but slower than it use to. It has no pully on it , just a pump head and resovour that wires to a selnoid on the wheel well of my 1976 F250 . I also have two alternators, one delco and a gmc. it looks like the GMC Alternator is wired to the plow pump. All I hear is The Click from the selanoid when I try to lift the blade. Its this an electrical issue. I did top off with the blue Hydro antfreeze fluid after tranny fluid was used 1st . It still moves the pistons side too side. I will try changing all the fluid , but wonder if it's just not getting enough power to pump the plow up. It will go up alittle, but it's not making the same noise it use too . Anyone have any inside info., Thanks ussmileyflag:help::help: