1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast trip springs, or whole spring assembly?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ny65, May 16, 2011.

1. ny65

ny65 Member

Hi guys, I need some advice. As you have probably seen in one of my other posts, I am looking to replace the trip springs on my speedcast plow. I e-mailed Fisher regarding part numbers, or a parts diagram for my plow, since I could not find any on their website. The tech told me I cannot just change the springs, I have to change the whole spring assembly. Does this sound right to you guys? I know they sell springs seperate. Like most people, I would rather spend $40 to change the springs, than $160 to change all the spring assemblies. I am in the process of scraping and painting the plow and need to make a decision whether or not to replace or scrape and paint. It is an older plow, so I am sure one of you veterans have had some experience with this plow. Thanks for any help you can give.