1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast to Minute Mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by onus, Dec 14, 2010.

1. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

I have a speedcast plow on my 91' f250. I bought it with the plow on it. I'm fixing it up to be a daily driver. So here is my question. I heard you can use the speedcast plow with the Minute Mount 1 system. I'd like to covert my plow to that as i'd rather not drive around with the plow frame on the truck all year. I already have a electric hydraulic pump, it isn't belt driven. What will i need to do this?

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Headgear and pushplates. A-frame and blade are the same I believe. Saw a set on craigslist New Haven or Northwest CT.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

could find a push mate for the front when summer time comes around. bolts on in place of the upper plow frame.

trust me the thing is beefy. thay pop up now and then used or nos here or ebay.

plowmate - headgear 001.jpg

plowmate - headgear 002.jpg

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

This has been covered a many times on here. Search and you will see it can be done and what needs to be done.
    T.J.

5. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

just pop off head gear its only a few bolts.

6. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

Thanks guys. I'm really liking that bumper / grill guard thing. I'll be considering all these options now.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

oh ya the pushmate i have posted in the pics looks a little short for the hight to the bottom of the hood. thats cause i have a 2" body lift on the truck. so the pushmate is not realy that short in hight.

8. southbronxems

southbronxems Junior Member

I have speedcast headgear with an MM1 plow. The headgear was not made for my 1994 suburban, so I had a local welder I deal with cut the arms back on the headgear and fabricate a bracket to attach to the truck. it uses 5 bolts per side so I can remove it after the winter. Everything works good and it mates together perfect.