1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast Rebuild

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CAT 245ME, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I've been thinking of putting a new or newer plow on my 85 Chevy, but I am in the middle of rebuilding the truck (major rebuild) and don't think I will have enough money to sink into putting a newer plow on the truck, so I think what I will do is rebuild what the truck already has which is a 7'6" Speedcast.

Now there are two things about the plow I want to change, 1. I want an 8' blade but what is a fair price to pay for one, would you pay $700 for a blade that is in good shape but 25 years old? and I would like to sell my 7'6 that is in good shape with new trip springs, but what is it worth?

2. I want to put the speed into my speedcast plow but the belt drivin pump aint doin it, has anyone here ever tried putting a smaller pulley wheel on the pump, or is there a under hood electric hydrolic pump on the market that I could replace the belt drivin pump with?

I plan on sand blasting the whole thing and painting it, replacing the blade guides, pins hydrolic cylinders, hoses, lift chain and having a back drag edge made for it.