1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speedcast push plate question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by frostyballz, Sep 4, 2008.

1. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

I have a 1997 GMC 1500 x-cab PU and a 7'6" Fisher speedcast plow that came off a 1988 chevy suburban. does anyone know if the push plates will fit/mount to my 1997 PU?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Should be a direct bolt up.

J

3. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

I was told that the newer vehicles have a wider frame! I dont know if thats true or not I have not been able to vheck yet....I hope your right though.....Thanks

4. Jerre Heyer

If it's the 88-98 body style suburban not the 73-87 body style it will bolt up. If you have one of the 88 suburbans made on the 73-87 chassis then it will not bolt up. I've seen the 88 and 89's with both body's. They did the same thing on the 88 3500's. Some were on old style chassis and some were on new style.

IF the plates go all the way up the outside of the frame on both sides and bolt on behind the steering box then it's old body.

J

5. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

^^^^^^^ go with this guy. He knows what hes saying. Chevy ran the body style for ten years.... 88 to some 99's. Its the same for the suburban bc they are on the same chassis as the trucks.

Good luck

Mark

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hey Jerre:waving: Good to see you back for the winter. How's it going?

Frosty; you can take Jerre's info to the bank! He won't post what he don't know.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

pickups 73-87

crewcabs 73-91

c&c trucks 73-88-89ish

blazer & suburban 73-91

if its solid axle front then its old style truck. if its ifs then its newer truck.

so i highly dout it will fit. and i am a chevy truck nut. as far as i know no suburban body change till 92 .

8. Jerre Heyer

SweeTK30, for the most part those year spans are correct. Like I posted above I have been surprised by some 89 pickups that were still older frame and body and some suburbans and tahoe's that were early builds on 88 and 89 pickup style frames.

Hard part is the guy who goes into autozone for brakes for his 89 3500 and has the old style and is given the new style brakes or any other parts he asks for. You're right though on the easy check being the front axle. Solid is old style independent is the newer style.

Basher, Had a busy summer here at home with the son. Hopefully the health issues are under control thought.

J

9. frostyballz

frostyballz Member

Jerre,

Thanks for all the info. I will need to check soon, I dont know if the suburban was a solid axle or not. so I guess I have a 50/50 shot at a direct bolt-up. I might have to cut-up the plates and re-weld them to fit. or find the right one's. I appreciate all the info though.

Thanks

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great!! Glad to hear that:nod:

11. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

post a few pics we will tell you. and the frames were no were near the same close to 1 and other. would be tons of fab work.

fisher pics for ya. 73-91 solid axle plates speedcaster stuff. http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/6217_111390.pdf

fisher pics for ya 88-98-2000 1ton ifs front http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/6214_120994.pdf

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  12. rothrj

rothrj Junior Member

Sweet K30 I see in the pdf the push plates that I need for the 1 ton. I just graduated from Alfred State so I know exactly where Horseheads is ha. Any idea where I can get those push plates, I have a 97 diesel that I need to make work and those look close enough for me to deal with some minor fabrication