1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast pins and pump cap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Jan 28, 2011.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

Firt of all I want to thank the Guys who helped a week or so ago with my rig. I sold my newer sierra with a new MM2 in the fall cause I was getting out of plowing. I bought an 87 GMC shortie Diesel and we put an old speedcast I had kicking around. The old truck hs never had plow gear on it...she's working like a trooper. I Love that low end torque. Anyway the only thing left is the pins are really bad...the drivers side one is rellt really Bad. Did I happen to mention how bad they are? My question is where would I pick up a set. I live in eastern Canada in the Annapolis Valley. We have a retail chain around here called parts for trucks but I find their prices are outrageous. I bought a few containers of blus fisher oil last year and I can't remember the price but it was quite high. I actually don't know if they have thoes pins or not but maby one of you Guys could give me a pointer. I'm sure I just pissed off the Guys from that chain...oh well.
    Th other question I have has to do with the cap on the pump. I can already hear you Guys laughing but last night before I went out I checked the fluids and forgot to put the cap back on the pump so it's history. I didn't want to just go to Canadian Tire and find a cap that fit cause I'm worried as I'm not sure if it's supposed to have a vented cap or not. Now here's the funny part. I stuck a pieve of hard cloth down in there, checking it from time to time making sure it didn't suck down into the pump then I'd be really pumped myself wouldn't I?.
    I guess that's about it. Keep up the good work Guys. Thanks

2. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm sure you can order those pins from any number of Fisher Dealers who would be happy to ship it to you. Places like Lang's Corner Garage (http://www.langscornergarage.com/fisher_snowplow_parts.php) for example. Grease the new ones, that will help decrease friction and wear.

Didn't you lose the cap once before? Or am I mixing up threads? If that WAS you, you'd better pick up a few extra! I don't believe it's vented, when I take mine off you can often hear a little rush of air as soon as the seal is cracked.

You aren't using any of that blue plow fluid in your belt drive system, are you? That's a no-no under the hood, flash point is much lower than ATF.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I was about to say myself, you might be better off having them shpped to you.

The pins are 6920 and are sold by themselves I think, so you'll obviously need 2 kits if so.

The cap is 4461K

Langs # is 603-431-9727

So your in Annapolis Valley huh....any chance you know a guy by the name of Edelmann or Traditional Marine?

4. AUB1

AUB1 Member

Hey thanks for the info and no, I don't know that Guy Edelmann...my Brother would I'm sure, he used to be the Arctic Cat rep for Eastern Canada. And it WAS me who lost the cap before....I honestly don't remember writing about it....it's the drugs in the 70's I think. Anyway today I have a little time and am going to pick up a cap and will also contact that place about pins. An no, I don't have my MM2 anymore so no more of the expensive Fisher stuff, back to the old Speedcast and ATF
    Thanks Guys, most helpful and courteous as always. You know for a bunch of crusty 'ol plow Guys, you're alright!