1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speedcast lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Trilogy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Trilogy

Trilogy Junior Member

I drive an 84 F150 with an 8 foot speedcast. The truck has been plowing, with that plow for over 20 years and stills going strong. The issue is, the plow light on the driver side does not stay put and will not tighten. Can I change the light to something better?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ya not a problem. just make sure its wired up right.

i got the older style meyers universal style lights on mine. i leke them best as people from front / 45* / 90* off each side can see my turn signals. most all the rest of the brands / style of lights its front turn view only.

can find these for 90-120 all day if you look. some places tho go up around 175 -200 bucks. :eek:

and 8ft speedcaster on a 1/2 ton :eek::eek: got to be a bit fun at times. but ya it works.

my setup 8ft speedcaster come off a 1/2 ton also. but its at home now on my 1ton and works better. and when i need to move some real snow i just clip in the 9ft blade i have also.

levineauto_2138_63321720.gif

3. Trilogy

Trilogy Junior Member

The plow was used when installed around '87. I came upon it this year. The truck has a 300 straight 6, 4 spd tranny and 4 x 4.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

300 6 and 4 speed. that will get it done. Thumbs Up

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

truck lites are good lights.Friend has been plowing for the state for over 10 years and has never had a problem with them.

7. Trilogy

Trilogy Junior Member

I'll have to check into those on friday, no money until then.

8. Trilogy

Trilogy Junior Member

I'll have to check into those on friday, no money until then. Thank you for the info.

9. Trilogy

Trilogy Junior Member

Thank you all for the great advlce. Unfortunately, my plow lights decided to mess up, and one of my truck lights went out. I found the truck lites at a local auto parts store, though at $100. I will most likely buy those in the morning. Sometimes you must pay more to have it now.