1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Polarisrider, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

Hey guys, got a new project and need some help. I have a 93 F-250 with a 35, it already has the pulley mounted on the crank so

I need to know where the hydrulic resivor with the pulley mounts.

as well as the hydrulic block that the cables off the joystick attach to.

also if someone has a part number for the belt thats needed.

any pictures and info is greatly appreciated

2. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

3. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

yea it has the 5.8 351 in it, i checked that diagram on the fisher site, realy could use some pictures, of under the hood if someone has a truck like this, just to get an idea where it mounts thanks

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The valve body is typically mounted on the drivers side of the compartment near the grill. The cables will be the limiting factor. You want them as straight as possible. Grab a section of pre-drilled flat steel stock from the hardware store and start making up some brackets.

5. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have a 95 F250 5.8 with a full hydraulic MM1. I will take a couple of pics in the morning.

6. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

excellent, thanks man

7. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Here you go

100_0135.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0137.jpg

100_0138.jpg

8. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

thanks man, goin to try to mount it all up tonight, only thing is my cables off the controller are really short, 12in maybe and the hoses are short as well the ones between the resivor and valve block, did yours come with longer cables, got any more pics of the under hood whole setup?

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

On my old plow truck I had a meyer set-up that was similar. The valve body for the plow was mounted on the fender well close to the fire-wall for the shorter cables.

I think it would be a matter of what's cheaper, finding longer cables or finding longer hoses to fit your needs.

10. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

sounds like you may want to try and mount the valve body on the drivers side fender well. I have owned many trucks with full hydraulic plows and have seen the valve bodies mounted on either side depending on where there was the most room.