1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast Headgear

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by aubbie, Apr 25, 2011.

1. aubbie

aubbie Member

Well, now that it's off season I'm thinking about what to do with my truck. I have an old '87 Sierra Shortbox Diesel with an old Speedcast plow. I bought the truck in the fall and mounted the plow I hadon an old beat up Suburban I had for plowing back to my cabin. The little truck I installed the plow on is really growing on me so I'm going to put some money into it. The Guy I bought it from had that in mind also cause he put on new fenders, doors, hood, new seat cover and several other odds and ends.
    I want to take the headgear off, but is there anything out there that can be bolted on that looks OK for the summer? Some kind of pushbar or whatever they're called? I saw something months ago on here, and I've been looking and looking and can't find it. I suppose I could pay someone who's good with torches to fashion something for me but I'm not rich, and I'm asking of anyone out there knows of something that's already made that would work. By the way the old truck has rally rims, a visor, and I installed a rack I had with a bunch of lights on it. The box sides were also new when I bought it. It's not going to take a lot to make it look pretty good for the summer. I still need a back bumper, tailgate and a set of 35's if anybody out there has any of this stuff and you happen to be in Eastern Canada! BTW of course I don't plow with 35's...I have a set of studded 235/75/15's I use to plow with. It's a great little rig to plow in tight areas.
    Thanks Guys...have a good off season

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher use to make a plow mate which big beefed up front guard, they dont make it any more there hard to find used.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The few guys still running those around here just use a 2x4 or 4x4 bolted across it. Easy enough to make something tho if you're so inclined.

4. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

Shouldnt be too hard or expensive to come up with somthing...Go to a junk yard and buy an old push bar/brush gaurd...couple of pieces of angle to mount to the ears of the push plates and should be good to go...easy some guys just leave the pushplates....

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

yea fisher made a front brush gurard which was called a plow mate. Up near me alot of guys make a diamond plate cover that goes over the pushplates for the summer time thats what i was going to put on when i had my 1987 k20 with a 8ft speedcast on it.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My uncle used to take the top part of the head gear off and put a 2x6 acrost the bottom part.

7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

^^u and me man could be great buddies^^:laughing:

8. mercer_me

I think so to. :nod:

9. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

maybe an idea for you....my buddy cut an old reese hitch down to width and bolted it to the pushplates for an electric winch...thought that was a pretty sweet idea...just a thought

10. mercer_me

That sounds like a realy good idea. I allways said they should make a winch bracket that hooks up to Minute Mount push plates.

11. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

they make something like that.

http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/accessories.php almost at the bottom of the page

12. mercer_me

13. BlackNo.1

BlackNo.1 Junior Member

You can only put a pro tube on MM push plates anyway. I have seen people make brush guards, I know one guy that took a piece of aluminum diamond plate and bent it so it covered the top of the mounts and down around the front, then he put some fog lights on it.

Sounds like a pretty nice truck by the way.

14. mercer_me

You can't put Pro Tube on MM2 push plates? I though MM1 and MM2 push plates were pretty much the same.