1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast frame on a 1999 chevy 1500?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t.kelly0224, Nov 16, 2011.

1. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

Hey guys, I am a newbie to this forum and I am hoping you can offer a little advice. I have a mutt setup of a plow. I currently have a 1982 chevy 2500 with a speedcast frame and a MM1 ram custom wired by me. The set up works great but the truck does not. I have an opportunity to purchase a 1999 chevy 1500 extremely cheap and I cannot seem to find push plates for me to mount up my old frame. Any advice?

2. southbronxems

southbronxems Junior Member

Any good welder should be able to use your existing headgear and fit it onto the chevy.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fisher didnt do it by then. as federal crash test std's required non permanent headgear setups for safty ratings from what i have read on here.

so find a mm1 frame work and put your plow blade setup on it and get some truck side plates for yours and go have fun plowing.

4. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

I've been checking out the prices for the MM1 headgear and it is just way out of my budget. Im getting the truck for $500 and it just isnt cost effective to drop another $600-1000 on a used MM1. I've considered having a fab shop tackle it but I just dont know at this point, either way seems like its just to much money. Thanks for the input, I'm just not really sure of what to do.

5. southbronxems

southbronxems Junior Member

k30 is right, also to add to my post, I had a similar issue. My welder fabricated push plates for my headgear. Although its easier to just leave my headgear on like the older setups, I am able to unbolt it when the season is over. Email me and I ll send you pics so you can see. I have a 94 Suburban. Same frame as the silverado... Southbronxems@yahoo.com