1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast blade on a MM1 headgear

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bostonyj7, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

:help: Been searching most of the night and not sure if Im just not using the correct key words or Im, just not getting it.

My moldboard on my 8' MM1 is way hole ridden. Ive been told that the older speedcast blades will fit on the MM headgear, but I just cant find any good info on what I need to look for, what to inspect on the doner blade and exactly what I need to do to get the swap done.

Any info will help and is greatl appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help that you can send my way on this.

C-

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

interactive parts blowup poster.

http://www.zequip.com/store/fisherplowref.html

scroll down and check minute mount section and aframe 31 and blade style 63 for speedcaster and early mm1 stuff.

shows the diffrent styles and part #'s . if you have the style with the single short pin 6" long then its a swap over by pulling the center pin and 2 pins for the angle ram.

or if you find the whole blade/aframe just measure the 2 mounting ear's for width and if same pull the pins and hoses and swap it over. its that easy. good luck.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  3. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Looks like I have that frame and that same plow is available. my angle ram pins measure 23.5" on the blade frame and the doner measures 24". Will that be a problem?

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm using a Speedcast blade on my MM1.

I bought a complete Speedcast set up from an 80's F350 on Ebay for $100 !! It was only 30 mins from me. I took the blade and sold the rest.

5. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

My boss at work has a SC plow and aframe hes willing to sell me. I measured the mounting tabs and it will fit my truck mounts. Now to just figure out how much its worth. Plow is solid, decent cutting edge, not patched and comes with angle pistions I dont need. Any idea what a fair price for it would be? I know its hard to say without seeing it but...............

6. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

interactive parts blowup poster.

http://www.zequip.com/store/fisherplowref.html

scroll down and check minute mount section and aframe 31 and blade style 63 for speedcaster and early mm1 stuff.

shows the diffrent styles and part #'s . if you have the style with the single short pin 6" long then its a swap over by pulling the center pin and 2 pins for the angle ram.

or if you find the whole blade/aframe just measure the 2 mounting ear's for width and if same pull the pins and hoses and swap it over. its that easy. good luck.

I'm building a setup now, so If my plow is like number 63, if i find an aframe that looks like number 31 its a direct swap?

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

The speed cast plow will fit right on. The plow on the mm1 I bought was rusted out so I swapped my speed cast plow on it.

8. MtnClimber

MtnClimber Member

The speedcast and MMI 3-hole tabs on the A-frames are the same width. The mounting holes for the pivot and the angles rams on the plow are the same as well. I bougt a spare speedcast because of this. Hope this helps.