1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speedcast belt driven info needed!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 300dt, Oct 31, 2007.

1. 300dt

300dt Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hi!

I just joined the group because I bought an old Speedcast 7 1/2 ft plow for my 1995 K1500 with ext cab. Just using it to do the longer drive and save my back.

Unfortunately it came without pump mount bracket and drive sheave for 350 Chevy and other minor hardware. The bracket could be make in a pinch but the sheave is the hardest to find!!

Does anyone have a lead on a drive sheave,bolts and .750 spacer for a 350 Chevy??? Used and rusted would do just fine!

I am also wondering if the frame backing plates used for the tow hooks are good enough to use with the plow mount?

Also got the long poles with triangles welded to them so that the frame is stressed less. They go from the pushplate back to mid-truck. I haven't seen them in the discussions and am willing to post photos if needed. It could be a useful item for some.

We have a nice forum here. I hope to be a regular part of it.

Thanks!!!

Mike B. (300dt)

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There was one for sale on ebay last week. Might still be there.

Check some of the older Fisher dealers. Brake and Clutch in Salem MA, South Main in St Johnsbury VT Burquip in Bedford NY, Universal Truck in Oakville CT. Lots of old stock there.

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny..

i am doonig the same thing,I have a Fisher 7.5 speed cast plow and i am putting it on my 96 chevy 1500.

the pump bracket i wolud get that New, i did and it was only $53 from the fisher dealer, today i am putting the braket on and pump on,

long poles thiny are good thing to have ,but some people say there not need. i didnt put them on,