1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speed tech lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by outdoor1, Aug 5, 2010.

1. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

Anyone use this company,whats there lights like, if i order them on line from canada warrenty still good. is there a dealer in s ontario. STL Speed Tech Lights........... let me know the money seems great.tymusic

2. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

i just found out there is only one distrubitor in Canada in Hamilton Outdoor Supplies and Equipment

3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Speed Tech Lights are subpar. Stick with Whelen, Federal, Sound Off . Some people will say they have had good luck with them but they are few and far between. Signle leds will burn out, they will lose the flash pattern and they offer terrible mounting options for their weight.

4. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

I have a STL bar. Its the mini raptor I have 2 of them on bolth my trucks. They are bright as hell and people always ask where I got them. They have operated perfectly. I have compared it to a whelen mini bar and it was as bright if not brighter.

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I'll take STL serious when I see a police of fire department use them as primary warning.

6. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Police and fire depts have bigger budgets and I don't. To me i could not see spending $400+ on a light bar on my work trucks. I had no intention of even getting a led because of the price. I just came across there web site and bought one then I liked it and bought another. I am sure you are right about whelen and fed signal being better but you pay a lot more. You pay for what you get the old adage. If they ever break i;ll be sure to post about it. But so far they work and are pretty trick as well.

7. outdoor1

outdoor1 Junior Member

there a cheap in price but of the good things i hear they are right for the money, because im not spending 500.00 - 1000.00 on a light bar for a work truck

8. adorler

adorler Junior Member

I have had lots of problems with my STL products. First two strobe control boxes burned out, Strobe light bases (hidden strobes) are weak, LED dash lights have aweful suction cups. I think every year they improve but what about the stuff that I allready have?.

9. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

I bet plenty of people said that when whelen started out too.

10. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

the only thing I don't like about them is their wiring harnesses.

11. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

If I remember correctly Whelen's first automotive product was a rotating beacon for a police motorbike.

12. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Glad to see you back, John. Thought you fell in.

13. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

LOL, Thank you.:waving:

14. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I'm running (2) four-head hide-a-way units (one in front / one out back). I don't like them at all - and WHEN they die, I'll be going to a more popular brand.
    The flash patterns are very limited & The ouput seems very low.