1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speed of plow, Fisher MMI

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Deere444H, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Deere444H

Deere444H Junior Member

Hi guys,
    So i have a 8 foot, MM1 on a 2000 f-350 superduty, it has an Insta-act Pump on it, and it seems to move slow, Up, Down, Left, and Right, I have changed the fluid, it has ATF-3 in it, and cleaned the screen/filter in the tank, It sounds like the motor is turning at a good clip. Checked the wires for resistance there is less than 5 ohms in the wires, and also performed a voltage drop on the motor circuit, there is only a small loss of about .28 volts in the circuit, so im not finding any wiring problems on the high current side. anyone have any ideas?? i mean it works, just slower than some of the new ones, or is this one being a little older supposed to move slower? also there is a screw. flat blade onthe top of the insta-act, left side, dose that have anyting to do with down speed? or by-pass pressure?
    thanks for any help..
  2. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

Yes, it is called the Quill. Turning it will change the speed. You can find detailed info on the Fisher website.

Good luck
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats wrong, the quill only adjusts the rate of drop for the blade.

I would check the pump pressure. Older plow just getting a little tired.
  4. Deere444H

Deere444H Junior Member

Hmm... i thought that was the quill. I looked in an older manual, and Kinda asumed, but that didnt seem to help drop speed, i turned it out once, any one have any ideas how much it normally needs to move?
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

You are both right and wrong, sort of.

The quill does determine drop speed but the insta-acts also have a pressure relief adjustment which should be at teh right setting to give maximum pump performance. You really need a pressure guage to check it correctly. I would check the pressure anyway because you may need to replace the gear pump which is relatively easy to do.

Having said that I have many SEHP packs still running original pumps. Powerpacks are disassembled eavery year, resevoir cleaned, screen filter cleaned, pumps seperated and cleaned, coil block cleaned and all lines flushed out. So you may just have to do a bit more service.
  6. Deere444H

Deere444H Junior Member

ok pump pressure should be easy with a hyd pressure gauge, is that in the manual on fishers site?? I may just take it apart and clean... But right now, im going to go look at fishers site.