1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speed of a V plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TRITONSNOWREM, Aug 16, 2001.

1. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

Would like to know if anyone has had the chance to use a Boss v plow and a Western V plow and which one do you prefer ?.
    Is the Western or the Boss more efficient.

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Ive used the boss,for a season,and the western for a storm,Id buy the Western first,but the Boss is quicker no doubt.I like the Westerns trip,and build better.All my Uncle's Bosses have cracked in under 3 yrs at the pivot pin.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

AS far as speed goes the boss has faster hydros, but as regards to which one will clear a lot faster, the answer would be both.
    Operator experience will mean alot more for that equation than plow brand.
    I personally prefer the western v plow ( I have 2 of them), but would buy a boss if the price was right.
    You could give a 6.5' plow to a pro and a 10' to a beginner and the pro would probably get done faster.