1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speed increase on Bobcat V417 telehandler

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by dylan, Jan 31, 2011.

1. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

Does anyone have any experience making the Bobcat V417 Telehandler go faster?

It currently travels at 17 mph. A bit faster would be great in a snow storm for getting from site to site.

I'm open to suggestions.

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Slightly taller tires would be the easiest way to do it....I would think you could find an all terrain truck tire that fits the stock rims.?.?...probably get alot better traction with all terrains also.

3. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes that was my first thought too, thanks. I installed truck tires on my toolcat and it worked well.

There is no room on the V417 in the wheel wells for a larger tire. With the 4 wheel steer it would rub.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Offsetting the rims with spacers may remedy that? Not sure if that would cause a problem though?