1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speed control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HOLLYWOOD, Nov 3, 2003.

HOLLYWOOD Member

i have a seed caster 2 spreader . the speed control box will not light up . i checked the fuses and connection and cant find anything . if it was left on accidently would it be harmed
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm probably wrong, but if it was left on, is it possible that the light bulb is burnt out? I'm not sure if its an LED or a light bulb. :confused:
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think leaving it on would harm it,I've left mine on for hours and never a problem.

They did have some problem with some of the variable speed controllers burning out prematurely.Ours were replaced at no charge by our supplier.Maybe check and see if yours is one of the bad ones ?
  4. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Ditto what Chris said. Our supplier replaced one of ours. If you have power at the plug to the controller but it's not operating, I'd start by replacing the controller.

HOLLYWOOD Member

thanks guys im going this weekend to see my supplier