1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Speed Caster Joystick in 1995 Blazer

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tomas090, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Having one Hel* of a time mounting joystick in 95 Blazer

By the time you avoid all the Hood, brake releases, A/C vents etc, no place to mount joystick. Finding something solid like metal under the dash is a problem

Right now it is almost directly under steering column more to right then left, another shin buster

Any comments? (beside my being dumb)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Don't even know what I drive :-(

Out of habit, I keep calling this critter a "Blazer" when in fact it is a TAHOE

It's the full size 2 door 5.7 liter creature, not the downsized S-10 derivative

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i did some custom stuff with mine on my old 73-87 pickup. but lucky for me i have lots of steel in the dash and flat area to mount it.

might give you some ideas. good luck. and yes those cables are stuff to work with.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You mean Yukon that look like truck but no bed? Like this?
    [​IMG]

I say it there room on passenger so that problem it seem tight area for joystick in driver area.

Have you consider make one that sit on near your seat?

5. sweetk30

:dizzy:wow man resize your pic for the love of this thread. :dizzy:

6. sweetk30

got to thinking mabye you can make a stand to hold the joystick on pass side like western did for years. then get some ford cables for the beltdrive system as thay are usaly the longest i have seen. this would alow you the extra length to mount on pass side.

7. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Not my pic I just found on internet.

8. sweetk30

9. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Joystick ended up more to right of steering column then left, works fine

Thanks for teh help

10. sweetk30

how did you modify it?

11. Tomas090

Tomas090 Member
    from Maine

Damm, can anyone re size that picture, have to scroll for an hour just to find reply box

Didn't do any mods to stick, simply used what was there and mounted in only solid place we could find, Tahoe/Blazer dash leaves a lot to be desired