1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speed caster 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by vt properties, Feb 27, 2010.

1. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

After scouring threads I could not find out how difficult or easy the speedcaster is to remove or install...any info would be appreaciated....Also it seems able to spread just about anything, from what I have read...I use bulk sand, sand & salt mix....and bagged calcium chloride I guess it should be good...any input

2. dfrench

dfrench Junior Member

should work great for you . i have one and spread mostly sand / salt . i can put it on myself but it is alot easier with 2 people but if you put it on a pallet with blocks under it the same height as the truck you can work it into the mounts one side at a time biggest problem i have is when it is off the truck for awhile sand and rust gets in the narrow part of the frameworkand sometimes it is hard to slide it in all the way ,pins will be about qtr. of the hole off just keep it hosed out , oil it up keep a sledge handy to drive it in a little. mine was a good investment real happy with it only problems the plastic knobs on the bolts that hold the cover on over the motor and drive belt want to come off the bolts when you try to turn them

3. vt properties

vt properties Senior Member
    from vermont

Thank you it looks like I will purchase one. I wanted to look at snowex as well, but there is no dealer close to me.