1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

speed cast a-frame question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hummertech, Feb 16, 2007.

1. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

i picked up an old 7.5' conventional mount a couple months ago. my first plow. it has been an adventure getting it on the truck so far. everything is together but the a-frame. after trying to install the a-frame onto the push plates i found that the truck mount is 22" wide and the a-frame is 26" wide. them i noticed the a-frame was very bent on the left leg and some idiot actually wielded support brackets on it that way. i found a new one but it is for a MM1. will a MM1 a-frame fit on a conventional setup?

2. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

anyone? surely someone has had the same problem.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hummer, it's my understanding that the change in the MM A-frames was to accommodate the jackstand coming down through the middle. Otherwise it should connect to your pushplates fine. Conversely, a conventional A-frame has been rumored NOT to fit on a minute mount because one of the crossmembers gets in the way of the jackstand. This should help

~Kevin

4. hummertech

hummertech Junior Member

thank you for the response. apparently the L-shaped brackets on the bottom are either 2 3/4" or 3 3/4" depending on blades. my blade has a 2 3/4" frame on it. the a-frame i am looking at is for an L series blade. what i don't know is the size of the frame on the L series.