1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Specs for installing my 28v subframe

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MBCarny, Nov 21, 2006.

1. MBCarny

MBCarny Junior Member

I got a steel of a deal on a 4-5 year old 28v plow. Only problem is the plow came off a 2000 F-350 and I must mount it on a '93 K3500. I'm handy enough with metal fab and welding especially, and since I have at least an original subframe to begin with I figure I can make it happen. I went to the dealer and the subframe I need costs $600, not an option. I didn't even pay that for the plow :D . Anyway, I've been hesitant to tear into it because I haven't been able to find any specs for subframe height from ground level or how far to recess behind the bumper. Anyone have a manual for subframe installation on these trucks? All of my subframe budget went into front end work and new snow tires. My wife will have me out of the house if this truck don't make money this season!!!
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You can download the instructions for the install kit for your truck at the snoway web site.

The ford mount is nothing like the chevy mount, there not much there you can interchange.
    The nose piece if it's that style mount. DO NOT weld the mount to the truck frame, today's frames donn't much like indiscriminate welding.

You might find a used mount around. We have both new (with-out the nose piece) and used (includes the nose piece) 99100067 mounts in stock, they where very popular back in the day. It's quite possible one of your local dealers does as well. @300/350 for the 99100067 new it would be advisable for you to purchase rather then trying to modify a Ford mount for your application.

You could also ask the guys here on the site. try posting a request on the used equipment site. There might be someone else closer to you who has what you need.

Also you probably need headlight harness adapters, Chevy had various headlight opinions for that truck all requiring a different adapter. Once you identify your headlight style the snoway applications guide will tell you what adapter you need.

Good Luck:waving:
  3. MBCarny

MBCarny Junior Member

Thanks for the info and the link basher, but I'm not sure if the subframe number you indexed is correct. Everyone I've talked to said I need subframe number 99100599. I'm lost! The Model number on my plow frame is 28D101693.
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

The 99100599 would be for a current production 28V series snowplow. If the plow that you have is a 4-5 year old model Basher is correct with the mount that you will require. Your plow is set up with a 3 point mounting system and the 99100067and 96103002 nosepiece would be correct for your 93' Chevy K3500. The plow lights will require a 99100196 main harness and possibly an adapter depending on the trucks headlights. If your trucks headlight connectors are 2B/2D, no adapter required. If LF/UF a 99100201, and if HB3/HB4 a 99100202.