1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Specific wire diagram for 08 Super Duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Elwer Lawn Care, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Is there a specific wire diagram for running the wire of my boss plow under the hood of the Super Duty. Is a used plow that came off of the exact truck and everything is still connected on the wire harnes but wondering if there was a detailed hook up diagram for my truck?
  2. tractorbill

tractorbill Member

sorry wiring is pretty universal take your time and lay it out ahead of time. diesel is kind of a pain no room. good luck
  3. Ultra Duty

Ultra Duty Member
    from NE OHIO

Its not bad, just did one w/ a bud, it was second 08 diesel, took the two of us 3 hrs taking our time. You will mount the solenoid on the core support behind the passenger headlight. Run your main harness on the driverside, your relay bundle will sit on top of your under hood fuse panel. there is a access port that you can drill through that looks like aluminum foil for the harness into the cab. you will need to pull the d side headlight out as well to hook up your turn single splice and parking light splice. Run your master plug down the d side of the radiator and through the small opening below the headlight so you can route that out to the bumper. The two other looms of wire will lie between the radiatior and intercooler over to the passenger side. one will hook up the lights and turn signal and the other goes to the battery and relay. Your master power supply will come down from the passenger side of the truck and lay in the bumper. On both trucks i did not use the supplied Boss bumper harness bracket. Just zip tied the harness in the bumper with enough slack to pull out plug into plow and tuck back in once the plow is hooked up.. Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck
  4. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks guys and its a 5.4L so there is more room to work with.