1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Specialize in Insurance for plowers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by glenspot, Aug 13, 2004.

1. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

I'd like to hear comments from people in Michigan about the insurance company they use for their plow trucks.

Any GREAT experiences? any TERRIBLE experiences? Have you found a company that seems to specialize in plowing insurance?

Thanks everyone

Glen

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I use Auto Owners insurance for my plow trucks, I keep a $1 million liability on just the trucks (this does not include general liability). It covers any property damage that may happen while i am plowing. I have had good luck as far as not having to make any claims and the price i pay each month is reasonable. The only thing is this past winter I bid on my daytime jobs parking lot and won, halfway through the winter a person i work with got out of the shops vehicle and fell on some ice, (my bid did not include salting). She was talking about taking the landlord to court to get them to cover the broken leg costs, so i called my insurance company and they told me that i didn't have general liability that would cover that. But nothing ever happened after that. Auto Owners insurance is o.k.

3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Plowtoy -
    Do you have your trucks rated with Auto-Owners for snow plowing only or do you use the trucks for other commercial operations? I called my local branch and they weren't sure if the underwriters would write a policy for snow plowing only. Also, the same would go for general liability through Auto-Owners. I haven't called them back yet to give them the necessary info to get something going.

4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Hey there, I only do snowplowing, but i do keep the same insurance all year round, i do not take the million dollar policy off during the summer, My agent said that it would not be a good idea to start and stop the policy every year, but i do take the insurance off of my old truck during the summer that i do not drive. Dave

5. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Insurance Question

Has anyone heard of or had experience with Frankenmuth Insurance Co? Have know a couple of guys that used them with no problems. What do you guys think?

6. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Plowtoy -

Thanks for the info. I'm always shopping my commercial insurance, both auto and general, every year.

Rick