1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Specialize in Brick Pavers and Concrete

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by paverprotector, Jun 4, 2010.

1. paverprotector

paverprotector Junior Member
    from il

I clean and seal pavers and concrete and am looking into plowing in the off season. I see a ton of damage by plows to the pavers and concrete that we work on in the summer, weather it is rust, scrathches, chips, etc...

Is there anybody who specializes in or has a truck specifically for concrete brick pavers or concrete that uses a plow with a non steel cutting edge?

How much extra do you charge for this compared to the normal asphalt driveways/lots.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Anyplow can be modified easily with paver protection. They call them Rubber Or Polyurathne (poly) wearedges. It can be tough to sell as an extra cost but is a excellent selling point and a reason you are priced at the upperend of the market. The interesting thing about the polyedges is besides being quietier and easier on the drive is they last as long or longer then a steel edge.

3. paverprotector

paverprotector Junior Member
    from il

I've seen what people charge for a typical 2 car wide by 2 car long driveway by searching on this forum. This is not the typical driveway I would encounter though. What kind of range would one expect to get for a 3,000- 6,000 square foot horseshoe type driveway, weather it is asphalt or concrete or pavers? I'm in the northern illinois area if that helps any.

Do most homeowners prefer to pay per push or on a seasonal plan?

Sorry for the newbie questions, I'm just at the start of exploring plowing as an option for the upcoming winter.

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

As Basher said a poly edge is good for pavers. I actually have one for my plow. While it doesn't wear much it also doesn't scrape as good in my experiences. I took it off and put on a normal steel edge but I do nothing besides pavement/gravel. The people I got my plow from did a couple accounts with pavers and had good luck with the poly edge as far as I know.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

As far as charging, some charge per push some charge per storm some charge per season.

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Semi circle drives are a real pain unless it is not a tight radius. I would look to charge them a seasonal price