1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Special V-Plow for Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Snow Lover, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Snow Lover

Snow Lover Junior Member
    from 57785

Who makes a V-Plow for a skid steer the will fit down a 60" sidewalk while angled and expand as wide as possible when straight. My dream would be a Blizzard type plow that would fit on the 5' sidewalk at full angle and extent to 7' straight. Is this just a pipe dream?
  2. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care Member

yes it is i use a small atv plow now it good
  3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We have a V-plow from Bobcat that fits the bill except it is 6' wide when straight. Fits down a 60" walk when in V or when straight turned one way or the other. We have a poly edge on it.
  4. Snow Lover

Snow Lover Junior Member
    from 57785

I originally posted that I was looking for V-Plow but a straight plow with Blizzard style extensions seems be the answer IMO. A plow that was 5' when angled with the extensions sucked in, and up to 7'-8' when straight/extended.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Use the factory BOBCAT V blade and add wings when you need to be larger. You will need to rig up something that you can carry the wings with you also.
  6. iamhere

iamhere Senior Member
    from Tn

7. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

What we did with our v plow for a odd size side walk was made steel cutting edges the width of the sidewalk when it was in the v and bolted them on. Worked good as long as you use it for just sidewalks.