1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Special Thanks To Western/DD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 1olddogtwo, Feb 22, 2013.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I finally got to use my new SS Vee Western build for me. This plow rocks !!! The hydraulics are quick as a whip !!!!!! Stacks to the sky!!!! I do miss my old Wideout alittle bit for the hydraulic wings.

Anyways, here are some pics from last night

Add some Bing to the head set

Yes, the the trip in sight from the Drivers seat

Thats a sharping looking plow.....They should do SS as a option

Thanks again DD, your customer service ROCKS!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. 1olddogtwo

couple more shots

3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good. Why so much wings on/off?
  4. 1olddogtwo

There is one, just one little area that might 9 foot wide by 10 foot long that needs to be backdragged out. Next time I'll have the Sidewalk crew blow it out. I forgot all about until the crew was gone.
  5. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Maybe it is my but the plow skins look like fisher skins, I know thye are apart of the same company. How do you like the wings?
  6. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck cleans up nice. Diggin on your setup
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Because they are. Look soo much better though.
  8. 1olddogtwo

Huh? The XV and MVP skins are interchangeable?
  9. 1olddogtwo

I'm digging them, after having two WO's, I can't go wingless ever!
  10. firemt036

firemt036 Junior Member

I myself is all excited dropping off the truck tomorrow morning for a 8'6" stainless XV!!
    Good Luck with it!
  11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry, I'm gonna hijack your thread for the title and give credit where it's due...

I find their customer service fantastic.
    We just had a long weekend up here in Canada, a storm rolled through on the Friday(20cm) and my tornado salter let me down. Everyone closed up for the weekend I throw on a tailgate salter for the 3-4 ton that I need to throw, ( Did you know...shoveling 3-4 ton a day really hurts.?)
    End of route I get at the salter, download some pdfs get some help from others on ps and come to find I can't jury rig up this fix. Later that night the stress of it being down for the weekend with more lake effect coming, I contact John Murphy, maybe he knows of a dealer with storm support. He's on vacation but still takes the time to contact his co-hort Hugh Wilson to get a hold of me from Milwalkee.
    The short of it is, they put me in touch with Mike King the Canadian distributor, who helps me get it into a dealer and covers it parts and labour...it's a 6 year old spreader, I am a small potato to these guys but they step right up everytime.
    Equipment breakage is a fact of this business, it doesn't care about holidays in fact seems to like breaking at the worst possible moment. nothing worse than not being able to get parts or service in a hurry. I am so glad I went with western. John, Hugh, and Mike were all great to deal with if you have a DD problem they will do everything in their power solve it for you...
    Thanks Guys!!!!!!
  12. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

no. fisher has flared wings
  13. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

those rigid leds?
  14. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

That plow does stack pretty high!!
  15. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I saw a picture of your truck on Western's FB page. Love those Harley-style headlights, and the rest of the truck! I can't wait to be in a 6.7 later this year.
  16. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking plow and truck
  17. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I saw that too - awesome!
  18. 1olddogtwo

Highjack away, I have no problem with that.

John was my point of contact last year here when I developed a problem with my WO. Thru him, I was connected to Hugh. After we spoke on the phone we made appointment to meet at the plant. I met with him, the Plant Manager and a few others. They told me not to worry, continue using my WO and we'll address the my concerns at the end of the season.

Hugh and I exchanged a few Emails over the off season. In Oct, Hugh called me and offered me plow of my chioce. I had a couple wild creative thoughts like a red XLS on a WO frame or something else I can't comment on yet. Anyways, together we came to MVP in SS and black wings. In Nov, I picked it up and because of my out of town and lack of snow I havent been able to use it.

I've been a Western owner for 25 years, I'll BE a Western for another 25.

yes, I knew this

yes, I also have a set mounted in the rear bumber

Oh YEA!!!!!!!

A buddy here on PS did them for me.

Thanks, I do have a couple on minor things done to it

that was cool of Western to do that
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  19. Deerewashed

Deerewashed Senior Member

you have any pics of the rear bumper?
  20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict