1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Special Pricing for Plowsite members

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HLS Wholesale, Oct 14, 2011.

1. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

For the next 2 weeks, I am offering a special to Plowsite.com members:

Treated Bulk Salt $75/ton delivered anywhere in Chicagoland and Indiana (email me and I'll send you a picture)

Bulk Salt: $61/ton plus delivery. (Email me your location for exact price)

Calcium Chloride 50lb bags: truckload $9.49/bag Picked up: $9.99/bag

Calcium blend 50lb bags: truckload $6.25/bag Picked up: $7.40/bag

MAG Chloride 50lb bags: truckload $9.99/bag Picked up: $10.49/bag

Bagged Salt 50lb bags: truckload $3.59/bag Picked up: $3.99/bag

Truckload prices are for the general Chicagoland area. Email me your specifics. Picked up materials are available our Forest Park warehouse. Please mention "Plowsite" when responding...these prices are not being advertised elsewhere.

If you are NOT in Chicagoland, send me an email. I may be able to help you anyway.
    Thanks, and....LET IT SNOW!

2. HLS Wholesale

Chicagoland forklift delivery available as well.

3. coleex

coleex Junior Member

Where in Indiana is delivery available for that price? I am 40 miles north of Indy.

4. HLS Wholesale

that should not be a problem. Give me a call and let's talk about the details

5. HLS Wholesale

Several of you are asking, so I'll post it here. Our treated bulk salt begins shipping the week of November 1. Thanks for asking....

6. HLS Wholesale

Had a lady on the phone this morning...she asked questions for 20 minutes about how much salt she needed, how to apply it, when to apply it, etc, etc. End of story....she wanted one pallet...but not quite yet.

Ah, one of those days!

7. HLS Wholesale

Chicagoland bulk treated salt

Great response, everyone...thanks for all the calls!

Just a reminder, our bulk treated salt will begin shipping the first week in November. Most of these orders will be filled the week after next.

Thanks again,

Dan

8. HLS Wholesale

These prices are still valid, but lowered calcium chloride to $9.79/bag pallet price.

9. Dan could you call me sometime this week I need to place an order soon.

10. HLS Wholesale

Will do, Jeff....

11. HLS Wholesale

These prices have been extended.

12. Dan can you call me agian lost your number. Thank russ. 708-670-8504. I need to get some treated

13. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

WOW.....that is some cheap salt! Lucky for those that are near that deal.

14. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Dan was great to work!

15. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Has anyone else on here ordered the bulk treated salt from Dan and not get treated salt delivered? The salt that we got delivered is whiter than the grand wizard at a kkk rally. Called Dan about it, and he asured us that it was treated salt, but they forgot to put the coloring in the liquid! (I'm calling BS on that) Found out that the salt that was delivered came from Tru Green, and so far they are willing to get to the bottom of it, and even stated that it was treated salt that was delivered. From another member that I spoke with on here, Dan is not able to be reached at this time.

16. HLS Wholesale

John -

I have answered your call every time you have called me. My cell phone is 708-774-1333 That is a complete fabrication that I am "unable to be reached." You are free to call me anytime.

As for the treated salt, I called Rhonda BEFORE the material was delivered and explained to her that the salt is treated, but there is no dye in this material. She asked for an MSDS and that has been provided. Dye is not a melting agent and does not effect the performance of the material.

Ice Ban is a good product, but it is clear. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Dan

17. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Dan,

I have not had an issue getting a hold of you, but another member on here has contacted me and said that he has not been able to get a hold of you. As for Ice Ban, according to your emails it was supposed to be treated with both Ice Ban and Geo Melt. According to the rep at Tru Green, the salt that was shipped and delivered is not treated with anything other than a binder to keep it from clumping. Also according to the MSDS sheets that you emailed me, both of the treatments for salt had a color to them, and again the salt that was delivered is pure white. I can post pictures of the salt that was delivered if you like.

18. HLS Wholesale

John,

I've talked to the rep at Trugreen and he has never spoken with you. He has spoken with Rhonda....I believe you are misinformed. This treated salt has been previously treated with beet extract and more recently reprocessed with Ice Ban.

Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss further.

19. coleex

coleex Junior Member

Tru-Green rep called me yesterday questioning color of my salt. After talking briefly with the rep, we determined that my salt is treated with beet juice and most recently, Ice ban. He was concerned with the shipment that came to Indiana that was white in color and sounded to me like he was trying to get to the bottom of it! Hopefully this will help with the concerned parties.

As for contacting Dan, he is a business man and I am sure he is not always just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring. I have tried to call him before without answer, but it is not every time.

20. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

These are the pictures of the salt that was delivered. According to Dan's orginal email, they should have been treated with Ice Ban and Geo Melt, which are both dark in color.

Salt.jpg

Salt 1.jpg