1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Special mount for the timberns

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rbronkema psfd, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

Hi guys I am looking into getting the timberns for my 02 silverado and was wondering if there is any special mounting besides drilling a few holes? I have the t-bars cranked up and the 285 bfgs on the truck so I am just looking to beef up the suspention a little more. I am also running a boss vee balde on the front. I talked to a guy and he said that he drilled a few holes but really didn't go into detail about them. Let me know just how hard it is to mount these things.

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

You're truck a 1/2, 3/4, or 1 ton?

No drilling required on my 1/2 ton.

3. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

I have a 3/4 ton hd. How long did it take to mount them and do you run a plow on your truck?

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

well i just recieved mine for my half ton, havent put them in, but looks like it is easy, no drilling required, just twist and insert i guess.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last year we put them on a 2500HD 2003. It took us 30 minutes. Jack up the front end and unbolt the old ones and bolt the new ones back on. 1 bolt per side, it is very easy. Keep the old ones you might want to put them back on in the spring.

6. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

just put them on my half ton about 15 minutes ago just pop the old ones out and pop new ones in

7. ROCKY C

ROCKY C Junior Member

no drilling required

you don't have to drill a thing, their "simple" to install and the best load boosters on the market. I sell about 200 sets a season and they come with a lifetime warranty. I can offer you a set for about $123.00 plus shipping. Shipping shouldn't't be that expensive maybe $10$-$12.00 if you interested email me at rocky@casullos.com, or see our website at casullos.com.

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Would I need them.... '07 2500HD CCSB w/ Boss 8'2" poly.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They are cheap enough. I would put them on every truck I buy.

10. Can I get a longer Timbred for my 2500HD to work with cranked torsion bars? I need the height for clearance with a plow and 285s....I think.